See below for a complete list of class descriptions
Dance with me
Dance with Me is for the young dancer from 2 to 3 years of age that needs or wants to share the dance experience with a parent or relative. It is designed to create an emotional connection between you and your child using fun movement games and basic dance techniques. It is a mini workout for the parent and a fantastic dance quality time for the family.
These are fun introductory classes that have the perfect balance between dance technique and dance-related games and activities to keep young dancers engaged while building a foundation for further dance studies. Perfect for ages 3 to 4 years +
Ballet is the foundation of dance technique and is carried over to most other dance styles. Students will learn and develop proper training that is needed for further studies in dance. Ballet combines art and grace, with good tone, technique, and placement. Ballet also improves strength, flexibility and balance, while increasing the student’s focus and presenting themselves in a graceful manner. Dominique’s School of Dance offers Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Technique for boys and girls, Pre - Pointe program, variations classes, Pointe, PTB - Marie Walton-Mahon (Progressing Ballet Technique) and Daytime program for serious and focus ballet students as well as open ballet classes.
- Ballet strong start 5 & 6
- Re-Primary RAD 4 - 5 years of age (in school)
- Primary RAD 6 years of age
- Grade 1 RAD 7/8 years of age
- Grade 2 RAD 9/10 years of age
- Grade 3 RAD 10/11 years of age
- Grade 4 RAD Teen New
- Grade 5 RAD
- Intermediate Foundation RAD
- Intermediate RAD
- Advanced Foundation RAD
- Advanced 1 RAD
- Advanced 2
- PTB - Marie Walton-Mahon (Progressing Ballet Technique) 1,2,3
- Pre Pointe 1,2
- Pointe 1,2
- Variations I & II
Tap is a dance style that uses a rhythmical combination of movements, sound, and style. Tap teaches students to communicate dance through sound and increases their awareness of rhythm and syncopation. The program is known for enhancing each student’s ability to combine musicality with performance quality.
- Tap Intro - 4 - 7 years of age (no experience necessary)
- Junior Tap 1 - 8 - 11 years of age
- Junior Tap 2 - 8 - 11 years of age
- Intermediate Tap
- Teen Tap
Acro is a combination of gymnastics, acrobatics, and dance. Acro focuses on balance, tumbling, and movements that show off strength and flexibility. This style contributes to a dancer’s overall athleticism, level of fitness, and flexibility.
- Acro Intro 4 - 6 years of age
- Acro A Recreational 7 - 9 years of age (skill based)
- Acro B Recreational 7 + years of age (skill based)
- Acro C Recreational 7+ years of age (skill based)
- Acro Elite Junior - Previous experience required plus be taking Ballet or Modern or Contemporary
- Acro Elite - Advanced skills required plus be taking Ballet or Modern or Contemporary
Contemporary uses expressive forms of dance and combines jazz and ballet techniques to convey a message to the audience. These styles emphasize the fluidity of movement and help students to develop their own unique style. Contemporary encourages dancers to be expressive through their movement and learn how to express different emotions through their dance.
- Contemporary Junior 11+ years of age (Pevious dance experience required)
- Contemporary Senior 14+ years of age (stong background in ballet required)
- Hip Hop Junior 9 - 11 years of age (no experience required)
- Hip Hop Intermediate 11 + years of age (no experience required)
- Hip Hop Senior 14+ years of age
Modern – ISTD
ISTD Modern– This class shares some qualities with contemporary in it’s expressive forms of dance that combines jazz and ballet techniques. These styles emphasize the fluidity of movement and help students to develop their own unique style. ISTD Modern is an examinable syllabus with focus on technique and the development of the individual dancer. This class uses traveling steps, high kicks, leaps and turns which all require strength and flexibility. This is a highly energetic dance style.
Please visit our schedule page for more information about ISTD
- Primary Modern 6-8 years of age
- Junior Modern Tech 8-10 years of age Must be in Grade 2 RAD or higher
- Grade 4 Modern 11-12 years of age Must be in Grade 3 RAD or higher.
- Teen Modern 13+ No ballet required – New to Modern
- Teen Intermediate Modern ISTD 11-15 years of age (Grade 4 Ballet minimum)
- Grade 6 Modern ISTD 12 + years of age (Intermediate Foundation RAD required.)
- Performance/Competion Modern By invitation or audition only